As leaders, we naturally jump into things and meet challenges head on. Sometimes this can be at the risk of our own self-care however. During these difficult times, you need to be really mindful of how you are taking care of yourself. You need all of your strength and emotional reserves for the long game, not just for a week or so.
Here are a few tips to help alleviate stress that I would suggest you do on a daily basis.
- Give thanks. As I’ve said before, expressing thanks to others will lift your own spirits.
- Write in a journal. If you examine negative thoughts and emotions, they will lessen.
- Take a walk. Get out in nature and you will feel refreshed (exercise also relieves stress).
- Listen to soothing music. You can do this while you are on your walk or make it part of an evening ritual before bedtime.
- Give a friend a call. We are all missing human connection during this time which is a very vital need that we all have.
- Tell a joke or read a funny book and share it with someone. Laughing is good medicine, especially when shared.
- Drink water. If you are dehydrated, you don’t feel good. Stay hydrated.
- Take a break. Walk away from the laptop or project periodically.
- Hold hands. If possible, keep the human connection with family members.
- Turn off the news. We all need to get an update because things seem to be changing fast. However, get your update, then get out. Don’t obsess over things that you can’t control.
We will get through this.
At Confidence Coach we offer business owners a place to reconnect and rebuild their confidence; which leads to their better future in the days and years ahead.
If you’d like to talk, reach out today and schedule a free call. We’d love to help you make progress during these difficult times.