There’s a coaching exercise that we call The Clarity Solution which helps you understand why and how you do what you do. It can also help you analyze why this is important to you. Because sometimes as owners, we forget the big stuff like this or don’t touch base with it. We can then start to drift one way or another and get off track. So with this process, people get refocused and it brings them back to who they really are and what they truly believe.
I was at a conference a couple of years ago and a gentleman speaking said this: “Love me or hate me; there’s no money in the middle.” A lot of business owners think they have to try to satisfy or help everybody. They are trying to be everything to everybody; that never works. It’s always a recipe for disaster. If someone is struggling with this, we use The Clarity Solution to bring them back into focus and ask them what it is that they really believe; what is it that they’re really doing; and who they’re really serving, both in their customers and employees.
CLARITY QUESTIONS – Ask yourself these questions:
- What do you stand for? What do you stand for as a business owner, CEO, solo entrepreneur or whatever you are? What do you really stand for in your business and yourself? What is that? Get clear about it.
- What do you believe? So what do you believe about what you do in the marketplace? What do you believe about the value you bring? What do you believe about your team (if you have a team)? What do you believe about your employees, the company, that type of thing?
- What is the first priority for you in your business? What is the number one thing? Sometimes we’ve forgotten what that is, so it’s important to touch base with that again.
- How do you go about making decisions in your business? Do you actually have a process that you go through to make decisions or are you just doing it randomly with intuition or on the fly? This question has helped a lot of people to develop a process for making great decisions for their business and their companies.
- How do you connect with people now? How do you connect with your employees first and then how do you connect with your customers second? Are you doing this in a systematic way? So once again we’ll bring that into focus.
- What are some good connection points that you haven’t been taking advantage of that you could with your employees and with your customers?
These are just some checkup points that create value for people. When you think about these things and answer the questions, you can then put things back into your business that you may have forgotten or add new things to give more focus and and clarity about what you believe. This will help you remember what you stand for and figure out who’s important to you. Once you’ve figured these things out and gotten focused again, it’s amazing how the results come back to your business in the way of increased revenue for you and value that you create for your clients.
Thanks for your time today and make it a great day. Reach out to us at confidencecoach.org/contact. We love hearing from you.