What are the little things that you are doing right now that in the future will lead to the big things in your life?
I really love this saying by Robert Brault: “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”
Here’s a list of little things that I’ve compiled for myself that I believe in the future will end up being the big things:
- Saying I love you daily.
- Sharing a hug.
- Saying please and thank you.
- Listening intently to the person in front of me.
- Learning something new today.
- Being thankful.
- Doing meaningful work.
- Having a great conversation.
- Speaking words of encouragement.
- Sending handwritten notes.
- Living out my faith and beliefs.
- Singing songs that give me joy.
- Walking into somebody’s life when everybody else walks out.
These are just a few of the things that I believe are little today but in the long term will be the big things in my life and in my legacy.